1. Tamar Cole
    Tamar Cole January 26, 2023 at 9:17 am | | Reply

I usually wake up, take my tea, open my laptop and read emails, and the news. I do not recommend such behavior. TODAY I noticed this podcast pop in just as I opened up. Instead of reading emails or scrolling through what they are calling news, I listened, and listened, and listened, and listened, and just fucking WOW. Thank you Erica and thank you Tom Mustill. To the whales, all I can say is… thank you, I’m listening.

2. Virginia Goodman
    Virginia Goodman January 26, 2023 at 3:12 pm | | Reply

Gorgeous–we know so much we know so little.

3. Natasha
    Natasha January 26, 2023 at 11:12 pm | | Reply

What an audio gem — and really such a gift! I wanted to re-listen to this as soon as the episode ended, and I immediately shared it with a handful of people. Such masterful questions and exquisite audio work, this episode is a work of art and calls up something deep in our humanity. This piece goes beyond words in so many ways. Thank you, Erica.

I’ve heard your wrestling in other episodes with feeling like you might become irrelevant, but please be assured you are one of the most timeless and relevant interviewers and audio producers I’ve had the pleasure of listening to — and I say this as a fellow audio producer.

4. Peter Wilsnack
    Peter Wilsnack January 27, 2023 at 7:18 pm | | Reply

This was absolutely fantastic. Deeply moving stuff. Thank you so much for this episode. . .and all of the others, too!

5. Anne Brunelle
    Anne Brunelle January 27, 2023 at 11:09 pm | | Reply

One of your best episodes ever! I remember when the album ” Songs of the humpback whale” first came out. I really wanted it and my sister got it for me one Christmas. To this day, it is the only gift I have ever received that moved me to tears. It is mesmerizing and beautiful.

6. roger tubby
    roger tubby January 28, 2023 at 2:40 pm | | Reply

This is an incredible episode. You are such a good interviewer and have a nice wide variety of subjects.

7. Annie Greensfelder
    Annie Greensfelder January 28, 2023 at 8:10 pm | | Reply

Absolutely astounding…listened while lying on the floor and felt myself vicariously swimming with Tom and vibrating as the whale songs swept through us. This episode is another gift. Thank you Tom for your good work and for articulating your experiences to beautifully. And Erica! What a great interviewer and editor…your insightful questions, ponderings and observations weave it all together. Wow.

8. LISE GAGNON
    LISE GAGNON January 29, 2023 at 10:35 am | | Reply

Beautiful and so touching episode!
    Oh the long way to understanding where we live and with whom we share this blue planet. Learning about the work of somebody like Tom Mustill is definitely a step towards that understanding.
    Thank so much Erica!

9. Brenna Everson
    Brenna Everson January 31, 2023 at 4:08 pm | | Reply

This episode has sent me here to write to you again. It’s been a while, but I’ve been listening! The sounds of this episode has my ears feeling like they’ve been to the sea. My heart is broken a little and I’m holding back tears in my office chair next to my colleague who has no idea what world I’ve been sent to for the last little while! I continue to think of you, Erica as a friend though it’s kind of like how I feel about Amelia Meath and her music. I know I don’t know either of you personally, but damn your work just cuts right through. Thank you!

10. Will W.
    Will W. February 1, 2023 at 11:15 am | | Reply

Tom notes that “Its not about individuals, its about interaction.” Put this another way: Human conceit too often destroys lasting wonder at the beauty sounding us. Think of the the fungi kingdom, of butterfly and bird migrations. Look up at the stars.

11. Toshen
    Toshen February 3, 2023 at 7:57 pm | | Reply

So astonishingly beautiful. Thank you, Erica! I’ll definitely be listening to Tom Mustill’s book next.

12. Travis Elliott
    Travis Elliott February 7, 2023 at 10:55 am | | Reply

Thank you, Erica. I especially love the blending of Amelia’s voice with the whale song. Haunting and surprising. And your episode reminded me of another astounding whale podcast experience. On the off chance you haven’t heard it, I recommend This Is Love, episode 2: “Something Large and Wild.” It touched me at my core.
    Thanks again for all of your careful and beautiful work.

Episode 2: Something Large and Wild