1. Kelly Green
    Kelly Green August 11, 2020 at 4:24 pm | | Reply

Thank you for introducing us all to Winnie. I wish I had her grace.

Here is a link to a news report on the racist, obviously wrongful arrest of a black family that she mentions:

This is an everyday occurrence.

2. Bob Hooker
    Bob Hooker August 11, 2020 at 4:50 pm | | Reply

Another outstanding show girlfriend!

3. Stan
    Stan August 11, 2020 at 7:28 pm | | Reply

Thank you, profoundly, Erica and Winnie, for this story. I smiled and I wept and I raged.
    The faith in love, the shea butter, the 7 x 7 hole. I don’t even know what to say, except that it seems to me to be absolutely vital that these stories are told.

4. Clark
    Clark August 12, 2020 at 9:12 am | | Reply

Winnie’s story is exactly what we need. If we can just hear each other’s stories, we can close the divides between us. The pain that lives in our bodies from our collective past can be transformed. But we must acknowledge that some of us have – in our way and in our time – tossed crumbs in that 7-inch hole in the floor that Winnie so vividly describes. May we be transformed, may we heal, may we learn to love in the oneness of all things, of all people, of all there is.

Thank you Erica for this story, thank you Winnie for sharing so generously.

5. Jenny
    Jenny August 12, 2020 at 9:12 am | | Reply

Winnie. Thank you. What remarkable insights into the still-fresh pain and relevance of ancestral hurt. And I loved listening to you sing. There was such a purity and openness in it. Beautiful.
    I am so glad you made this show.

6. Bess O'Brien
    Bess O'Brien August 12, 2020 at 12:18 pm | | Reply

Great voice–what a wonderful storyteller Winnie is!

7. Thomas
    Thomas August 14, 2020 at 5:49 pm | | Reply

I am grateful to Winnie for her sermon on the example of Christ’s love, which each of us can choose to embody. I am grateful to Clark for his remark that “we must acknowledge that some of us have – in our way and in our time – tossed crumbs in that 7-inch hole in the floor that Winnie so vividly describes.” And I am grateful to Erica for sharing the light of this life with us all.

Thomas

8. Dawn PHILIP
    Dawn PHILIP August 16, 2020 at 10:10 am | | Reply

What a vivid description of what dicrimination, prejudice (racism), classism looks like
    Master in prayer, rapes slave, slave blamed for all consequences to Master’s action.
    How can we bear one anothers burdens without Love?

9. Robin Lucas
    Robin Lucas August 17, 2020 at 7:19 am | | Reply

Erica, another Amazing interview. How fortunate you are to meet Winnie personally! Thank you for bringing in her into my world too:). Excellent…

10. Kristen
    Kristen August 21, 2020 at 12:41 pm | | Reply

“We’ve wasted so much time hating”….that about sums it up. So much wasted energy, resources, and time hating and oppressing. thank you for this amazing piece of radio.

11. Deborah Reed
    Deborah Reed August 22, 2020 at 10:40 am | | Reply

Thank you for bringing Winnie to us.
    She is a lady of love and truth and I hear her.You bless us with your thoughts Winnie.
    Deborah

12. Debby
    Debby August 23, 2020 at 6:30 pm | | Reply

I echo the comments previously posted. I wanted to stop listening half way through the podcast because it was so sad to hear how people were treated. But I pushed myself to finish. I’m glad I did! Understanding each other’s struggles will help each of us to be more understanding. Thank you for bringing us Winnie. I wish everyone knew her story.

13. clare barton
    clare barton August 25, 2020 at 3:07 am | | Reply

I love rumblestrip, every episode is unique, this particular episode was a beautiful listen. Winnie what a beautiful woman you are, the world needs more Winnie’s.

14. Beth Crane
    Beth Crane September 14, 2020 at 9:14 am | | Reply

Thank you for this podcast, Winnie and Erica.Winnie’s witness is powerful. Thank you for sharing your strength and faith, Winnie. I’m grateful for your presence in Franklin County.