1. Robin
    Robin June 27, 2019 at 7:13 pm | | Reply

Another fascinating episode; thank you Erica. I’m intrigued by the mention of the gamelan player who has lived off-the-grid in the woods for 30 years. I’d love to hear about her experiences of that lifestyle. Maybe a subject for a future episode?

2. Chris
    Chris June 28, 2019 at 5:17 pm | | Reply

Listen to the soundtrack made for the anime Akira! It uses this instrument to make crazy music.

3. Jess K.
    Jess K. July 10, 2019 at 1:26 pm | | Reply

Erica, your podcast is the BEST! I love the random sampling technique for determing show topics! The Gamelan discussion was a delve into a layer of existence that I often seek out, but rarely find in the modern world. Just like the instruments are able to harness and translate a vibration that is already in the atmosphere, the stories and perspectives presented here by those unique individuals (of stars as individuals, of the sound of frogs, etc.) align with a different frequency of consciousness – and I revel in each little string of words spoken by this group! I love that certain spaces within my mind can find their correspondences here on your show. You rock.

4. Susan Ritz
    Susan Ritz July 22, 2019 at 9:36 pm | | Reply

Ahh, the echoing vibrations of gamelon. Nothing like it. Thanks, Erica!

5. Erin Wagg
    Erin Wagg July 27, 2019 at 8:27 am | | Reply

This Gamelan show is informative weird magical ear candy. Cool editing! LOVE IT! Thanks for always making shows with creative integrity and not having a standard show format. I never know what I’m going to get when I press play and I love that. Thank you for all of it Erica!

6. Linda
    Linda July 13, 2020 at 8:36 am | | Reply

Thanks! Reminded me that gamelan music does something weird and wonderful to the back of my neck. Love the quotes about gamelan music always existing in the universe and the thing that’s greater than ourselves that will always endure.