1. Marilyn Kolber
    Marilyn Kolber October 24, 2014 at 3:44 pm | | Reply

E, This is my favorite…..LOVED it. What an enchanting lady. When I first saw Maud Morgan I had to double take…it looked so much like my beautiful Mother.

2. Sarah Cahuas
    Sarah Cahuas October 24, 2014 at 8:49 pm | | Reply

What a gem of an interview. I enjoyed hearing Ms. Cope’s insights about her artistic process as well as her thoughts about life in a different period of time. Her photographs are exquisite. Great work, Erica.

3. B
    B October 25, 2014 at 6:54 am | | Reply

This too is my favorite.

Being of the same generation and having spent many years studying photography I can identify with Jamie Cope on many levels. Like myself, she was a housewife, who, it appears , took herself seriously as a photographer, once it became necessary for her to make a living at photography.I am assuming that she turned to photography in a serious way once she had divorced both her husbands and gained her “freedom”.
    I wonder if the quiet and unobtrusive Hasselblad was always the chosen camera for portrait photography.
    GOOD black and white photography is truly a treat in today’s digital world. Each picture is thoughtfully created from choosing the exposure to developing in a creative way all those tones of gray in the finished product. It’s intentional. It’s creative. It’s tactile. Too bad it’s a dying art form.
    The interview itself was stunningly honest, moving. Truly a delightful twenty-or-so minutes. Thank you.
    I would love to meet Jamie Cope one day should the occasion present itself.

4. Anne Greensfelder
    Anne Greensfelder October 25, 2014 at 9:43 pm | | Reply

Very inspiring to hear Jamie discuss her self discovery. So glad that Rosana recommended the interview!

5. Mary
    Mary October 26, 2014 at 7:12 pm | | Reply

Amazing. Affirming. Jamie Cope speaks of capturing someone’s soul in a photograph; Erica Heilman captures the photographer’s soul as she discusses her art and life; and this listener feels her own soul tugged by the work and words of both women.
    Rumble Strip Vermont: thank you for the integrity, for the inspiration, for the “conversation that takes time.”
    A bright and welcome way to tune in and turn inward as outside the Fall days turn dark.

6. Alan
    Alan October 31, 2014 at 3:43 pm | | Reply

What a wonderful interview! I have been privileged to be Jamie’s friend for over twenty years. The light that Jamie so cherishes illuminating her photography is not just external – it comes from within.

7. Miyoko
    Miyoko June 10, 2015 at 6:34 am | | Reply

The Wisconsin friends make a heart.
    And it’s nice to take a look at the photograph now knowing why the black & while is so soft.
    Thank you Erica for this very inspiring interview.