1. anne
    anne October 10, 2013 at 11:57 pm | | Reply

Loved it! Anxious to tryagainnext year, to overcome drought then flood and then try again…it is the joy of the first blossom or fruit that brings you back. Yea Alan!

2. Barbara
    Barbara October 13, 2013 at 10:19 am | | Reply

A wonderful episode. I wonder if we can get his radio show in Burlington.
    He’s a very special guy, and a lucky one. Thanks for the additional pictures, by the way (Josh).
    How many of us find the very thing we were meant to do? Clearly, Alan had farming in his blood before he went off to the big city to try something else but the something else didn’t feed his soul. Happily he recognized this and returned to the farm that informed his purpose in life.

3. Kris Gruen
    Kris Gruen October 14, 2013 at 11:24 pm | | Reply

What a beautiful interview. There’s a trove of wisdom intimated here. Thanks, Erica, for your insightful and gifted work. Thanks, Alan, for sharing what matters to you, with all of us. You should trust we’re all made better by it.

Kris

4. Ruth
    Ruth October 15, 2013 at 7:51 am | | Reply

Stories. Life is about stories, and the gift of hearing others tell them. Alan LaPage is a farmer, a philosoper, and a story of Vermont, life and us. Thank you Erica for this show. It was fabulous!

5. Greg Hansen
    Greg Hansen December 12, 2014 at 2:37 pm | | Reply

Alan is one of my favorite people in the world. I was blessed to work with him for years in the early 90’s and I’m still so grateful for his wisdom… it goes far beyond gardening!

6. A Vermonter’s Lament November 4, 2016 at 1:08 pm |

The maximum upload file size: 2 MB. You can upload: image, audio, video, document, spreadsheet. Links to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other services inserted in the comment text will be automatically embedded. Drop file here

• David Sysko commented on Donate: Congratulations, Erica, on the Peabody nomina (...)
  • Brian commented on Forrest Foster, Independent Dairyman: Listening to that Vermont speech is as good a (...)
  • Anja commented on Forrest Foster, Independent Dairyman: I love the story. I loved hearing his voice, (...)
  • Valerie Bateman commented on Subscribe: I absolutely love everything about Rumble Str (...)
  • Nancy Griffin commented on The Puppy Diaries: Thank you for ALL your podcasts...I have meth (...)